2.07.2010

The best medicine

I've felt the need for a little boost this weekend. I've been feeling a little off, a little sick, a little bit tired of my own self. I tried to take Gretchen Rubin's advice to "act the way, you want to feel", but it wasn't resonating. Instead, the best medicine I found was making a gorgeous chicken pot pie, watching the entire 5 hour BBC version of Pride and Prejudice last night, and letting myself be inspired by random tidbits from the modern day oracle-the web.

There are so many people out there in the world making things a little bit brighter. And on the days when I don't feel I'm doing anything of that sort in my own little realm, it is nice to be able to view things from someone elses' eyes. I freaking loved this video project, The Beckoning of Lovely (great name too), by the children's author Amy Krouse Rosenthal. (Her books, incidentally, are fabulous and get my kids giggling every time.) Click the above link and watch for 7 minutes and get all choked up and awed just like I did.

I also was very happy to discover thankfulfor.com, a constantly streaming, communal list of what people feel grateful for. It is addictive to read. People list things big and small, and all of them make me feel happier. I signed up and post something each day too. It's a good reminder that even when grey skies loom and whines are never far from earshot, there are things to smile about.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I already left a note but since I don't see it I want to thank you again for joining the Thankfulfor community and for mentioning it on your blog!

    Cheers!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete