7.07.2010

Inspirato: learning a new word, especially something obvious but revolutionary


Today I came across the above photo on one of the feeds I subscribe to called designboom and the caption said this: "supertramp is a micro-sized mobile living concept part of the lehman b project. lehman b is a ‘do tank’ which explores future strategies by actually doing them, like supertramp."

Reading the word DO TANK was like flipping on a light switch. Duh. How cool is the idea of a do tank rather than a think tank? Some might call it semantics, but I call it genius. The older I get the more I realize the importance of doing rather than talking, taking action versus plotting for days and days. Life is short and I think I'd rather test stuff out than figure it out. Experience usually has a way of figuring it out for you. I am so starting a DO TANK so if you area joiner, let me know.

And just to be word nerd accurate, here are the definitions of DO TANK listed on word spy:

n. A research institute that focuses on actions rather than ideas. Also: do-tank.

Do tank is the action-oriented version of a think tank (a term that dates to 1959). A not-so-surprising synonym is action tank (1987).


Don't you just love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment