7.02.2010

inspirato: visual odes to a hot summer day



I'm a big art fan and I have grown quite fond of the site 20x200. It features amazing limited runs of original art prints for the equally amazing price of $20 bucks! There are a lot of works that I don't much care for, but I have always liked that about art too, sometimes its just plain healthy to see things from a different point of view. It's a hot summer Utah day and the 4th of July holiday weekend is upon us. I love summertime and the hot heat of a dry wind. I even love tiny beads of perspiration and raccoon eyes from too many hours with sunglasses on. And don't get me started on the nut brown beauty of my children's skin this time of year. Aye yai yai!

It's a good feeling to have nothing stretching out before you than the prospect of a cold popsicle or a trip to the ice cream truck. In that vein, I thought I'd share these two great prints featured on 20x200, Frozen by Katie Baum and Koolman Truck by Kevin Cyr-- both odes to the pleasures of a hot summer day.

P.S. I just ran across this amazing list of 50 homemade popsicle recipes....I think I've just figured out what my afternoon will consist of. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment